Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Xtreme Camp

So many great things have happened since I wrote my last blog. I went to Xtreme Camp with 1200 youth and young adults from all over Thailand . I loved jumping and dancing with them as we worshipped the Lord. The emphasis of the camp was to pray for revival in Thailand and to act on our prayers by reaching out to the youth around us. Speakers from around the world taught workshops and morning and evening sessions to equip us to be more effective in ministering to people.

At the camp, I made some new Thai friends and spent most of my time with a group that came from Vietnam. Most of them speak very little English (and I don't speak Vietnamese), but we were still able to communicate and we became very close.

After I returned from the camp, my church went to a park to evangelize. I was amazed at how effective this was. We had simple conversations with people, and as the Lord opened the door, we shared the Gospel with them. I think around 6-8 people accepted Christ that day. I was paired with a Thai girl who did most of the talking (because my language skills are limited). The 3 college students we talked with were very inquisitive about God. They prayed prayers of salvation (they said they want to try out Christianity--it's a start) and we exchanged phone numbers. God is so awesome! I am praying that the Lord reveals Himself to them and shows them that He is the only True Way.

I have heard from different people that there seems to be less resistence to the Gospel here than there was before. I think many people are curious to hear it because they have not really heard the Gospel before. I have had the opportunity to share different Bible stories with a Thai friend and she is so surpised and impressed by the miracles God has done.

The last great experience was a recent event called the "Bangkok Call." Many churches came together to pray for the nation of Thailand. Five different praise and worship bands played and we prayed for many things. It was like a continuation of Xtreme Camp! The event was held outside, so many passers by stopped to see what was happening.

And a not so spiritual experience, but one worth sharing...
I finally tried ice cream in a sub sandwich roll (many street vendors sell it). The vendor put sweetened sticky rice in the roll first, he scooped in multiple flavors of ice cream, and he finished it with chocolate syrup. It was actually really good! Who would've thought?

No comments: