Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Barbecued fish, wyteboard markers, and ministry

Today has been a good day. I ate barbecued fish for dinner (yes, I said barbecued fish...it tastes really good) and had a companion on my commute home from work ( a Thai co-worker who is a Christian and speaks English). Besides that, I was blessed to lead some praise and worship songs for the Native English Speaking Teachers' session in Revival Week at Bangkok Christian College. All the students go to chapel each day and watch a presentation by a music, drama, and dance ministry group from northern Thailand. The presentations use Thai history and Bible stories to share the love of Jesus Christ. In addition, all the faculty and staff attend evangelistic meetings during part of their lunch break. It was clear that most of my co-teachers did not want to be at the meeting, but I believe the Lord is using the songs and truths spoken to make them think about Him and eternity.

I have enjoyed taking part in various ministry opportunities, such as singing back-up for the praise team at my church last Sunday. I also know that the Lord is allowing me to speak about Him to my students and co-workers at various times. I know that many seeds are being planted.

On a less serious note, I would like to inform everyone who uses disposable whiteboard markers that you are missing out on the fun of refilling and reusing whiteboard markers ( the brand here is called Wyteboard Markers, hence the blog title). Recycling is very important here and we do not throw away our markers when they run out of ink. Oh, no. We use medicine dropper-like objects to rewet the fibers inside the markers. The first time I did it, I forgot about the medicine dropper and tried to pour the ink directly into the marker. Let's just say the my ringfinger and fingernails were no longer white:)

My friends and I found a Mexican restaurant that serves food Chipotle style! It doesn't taste the same, but it is still Mexican food! I've been twice.

There's not much else to say, so I will leave you with a few thoughts in Thai:

Mai pen rai (it's ok, never mind)
and
Phrajow way pon (God bless you)

No comments: